The shop that sold nothing at all.

“…excuse me. I’m looking for some time.”

“Sorry, we’ve run out.”

“Oh. How about another chance? I only have one.”

“No can do. It’s limited to one per customer.”

“Happiness?”

“Sold out. It was limited edition, kid.”

“Love?”

“Got recalled by the manufacturer. Faulty, y’know?”

“Contentment?”

“You wouldn’t come back once you got it, right?”

“What do you have in stock then?”

“Reverie. Lots of it.”

“Where is it?”

“Over there, spilling out of the cardboard boxes.”

“…you mean that heap lying in the corner? Why’s it just dumped there like that?”

“’cause it’s useless. Nobody wants it. It’s going for half-price though. It’s probably worth even less that that, honestly.”

“…I’ll take it then.”

“You serious? Nobody wants that.”

“I’ll take it. Half-price or not. I’ll take all of it, everything in those boxes, even the bits spilled on the floor.”

“You’re a weird one. Suit yourself.”

“Thanks.”

Comments

Ronzie said…
i love this so much!
emichii said…
yay, thankyou, ronzie! :)