Rambling 2

6. Arashi
I think it’s time I finally explain myself, to those who have been wondering: I really love Arashi. I don’t even have the words to explain my feelings for them, just how much these five idiots mean to me. They make me happy everyday. That is the best way I can explain what Arashi means to me. Happiness.

Arashi encourages me and inspires me. They show me what friendship and hard work looks like. They always cheer me up when I’m down. They make me laugh, they make me smile, and they make me feel like things will be all right

It’s been a year since I became a fan. But it seems longer since I feel like I loved them wholeheartedly from the very first day. But sometimes, I’ll read an interview or watch a video or listen to a song that makes me love them even more. Even though I’m not sure how I can possibly love them more than I already do.

I want to see them one day. Even though I’ll probably end up crying so hard I won’t actually be able to see them through my tears.

7. Packaging
I’d like to talk about my love for packaging (legit). I was never really into internet shopping, until 2012 when I got really into Nico Nico Douga and utattemita, and I began somewhat regularly ordering CDs online. Now I have no space to put all my CDs, but the collection keeps growing. Now CDJapan (as well as Arashi) owns the majority of my money.
But there is something I absolutely love about CDs, their cases, their covers, lining them up neatly in a row, or stacking them up in columns. I have become a sucker for limited editions and tokuten/bonus gifts. I collect all the obi. I love CDs that come with a pretty cardboard sleeve/box over their cases. I become unnecessarily excited just looking at them.

But I love the packaging that my internet shopping comes in too. I like the cardboard boxes, I like the tissue paper packed inside and the layers of bubble wrap. I love opening up my packages and seeing every packed neatly inside. And after I take out my books/magazines/CDs and look at them I have a great urge to repackage everything all up again. To wrap my CDs up again in bubble wrap and put them back on their bed of green tissue paper and close and tape up the box again. I just want to tuck everything away neatly and package them up safely all over again.

Perhaps that is why I have this ridiculous attachment to packaging and I can’t throw anything away. I want to keep all the cardboard boxes and cartons and scrunched up tissue paper and bubble wrap. It’s like I want to be able to use them all again. Like I’ll have a need for them in the future, that I’ll need to wrap something up and package it safely and with care.

In the end I’m not sure if I’m collecting CDs or cardboard boxes. And is collecting physical CDs and albums outdated now? I still haven’t got Spotify.

Instead I have a mountain of cardboard boxes and bubble wrap in my room that I can’t bear to throw away.

8. University
It feels like every year, my disdain and dislike of uni only gets greater and greater. Somehow I made it through another year. Although my goal has always been to get out as soon as possible, thinking ahead, I might really be here for a long, long time to come.

Recently, I had been thinking of an easy way out. Compromising on what I want to do so that I don’t have to struggle anymore. Maybe picking something that isn’t what I want to do, but somewhat related, just anything that isn’t as hard and doesn’t eat up as many years of my life. But this semester it occurred to me again that this is the path I chose, because this is what I want to do in future, that I want to be a clinical psychologist. And whether or not I’ll get there, whether or not I’ll end up studying for another 4 years, whether or not it will be worth it- I still don’t know, but perhaps it is better to struggle through these hardships now, one step and a time and decide my next move when I get to it.

The closer I get to my future, the further and more uncertain it looks. Trust God, I need to keep telling myself. Trust God. Trust God.

Comments