making friends with my tablet

i've always thought of myself as a resolutely traditional artist. being part of an online art community, it really seems that digital work is the way to go these days. but for me, my gallery has always stuck stubbornly to traditional work.

maybe i'm a bit behind the times?














it took me so long to really pick up watercolour and even now, i still have a long way to go. i'm kind of shocked at how easy it is to paint digitally. i kinda just went at it, followed a tutorial or two, and already i think i'm getting the hang of it.

maybe it's this convenience, the option to ctrl-z, the no-mess-and-no-setting-up-and-packing-up art materials that makes digital painting so attractive.

i'm the slowest painter in the world. right now, it seems that i'm painting digitally a bit faster. that being said, this artwork still took me over 6 hours so it looks like i won't be giving up that title any time soon!

Comments